Sunday 19 August 2012

Back From my Holidays & The All Things British Swap

Yup folks - I'm back!

I've been away sunning enjoying myself in Orkney, where a great time was had by all but...

I'm going to save the details for a later post. 

This is because before I went I took part in LaaLaa's "All Things British Swap".

My swap partner was Lisa from Kandipandi's Pad.

What a fabulous swap partner she was too, sending me a fantastic and very generous parcel of Britishness.

Before I even opened the parcel I was delighted by the quirky packing tape that Lisa had used.

Isn't it wonderful?

Inside the box were oodles of parcels all beautifully wrapped in the most fabulous Union Jack wrapping paper.

Love the wrapping paper.

It just so happened that my dear granddaughter Felicity was with me at the time, and now being five  and going into Year 1 after the holidays (as we are constantly reminded), she has been learning all about the Union Jack at school. The opening of the box was greeted with excited squeals of  "Wow it's the Union Jack nana, can I open them?" So of course she had to help.

Such concentration.

Oh what fabulous goodies were in those parcels!!!

And that's not all of it!



So many beautiful things, and many of them lovingly handmade, including a gorgeous beaded bracelet and earring set, a beautifully crafted Union Jack brooch and the most utterly fabulous - words cannot describe how lovely this is - sewing pouch. Lisa has photographed this so much better than I did, do pop over to her post about the swap and see her photographs of the pouch to really appreciate how wonderful it is.

There was also this "Made in England" tea towel.



And last but certainly not least was a fabulous Past Times Celtic Nightdress - this brought an absolute gasp of delight as I opened it. Drooling through Past Times catalogues this is something I have long coveted, it is gorgeous.

Photograph from Kandipandi's Pad

Felicity summed it up "Wow what a lot of presents you have got nana, you are very lucky."

And so I am - well and truly spoiled by my swap partner. Thank you Lisa.

Now what did I send Lisa?


and


I made the tea cosy, tea cup pincushion and Alice in Wonderland charm bracelet.

Alice in Wonderland charm bracelet.


 
Tea cup pin cushion.
Back soon with tales of Orkney.

Linda xxx

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Linda! What lovely, lovely goodies. I love that nightdress. Your pressies for Lisa were stunning too. I know that she was delighted with the swap so I'm glad to read that you were too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love what you made, I'm wearing my bracelet today infact, it has been admired several times already! So glad you like your gifts that nightie was very you, you are now my nightie twin :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both did so well, that nightdress is beautiful, I can just imagine you swanning around in it with a shawl draped across it! Hope you had a fab time. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I have just started following you. I love all the swap gifts. I have two of the Celtic nightdresses and they are so comfortable to wear. Enjoy yours x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...