Friday 10 June 2011

Two days - two posts!!!

I've given myself a second night off planning for work!

Well it is the start of the weekend and I can always do a bit tomorrow and Sunday.

I blogged a couple of weeks ago about the fab parcel that Pomona sent me for Lucey's button swap. Now that I know that Pomona has taken safe delivery of my end of the swap, I can safely show you what I sent her.
First up...
I bought a couple of these frames ages ago because I liked the limed look of them. I used one to frame a postcard I was given, but this one has been waiting for inspiration so I used it to frame a button heart which I glued onto a pretty backing paper.

A calico bag onto which I sewed lots of pretty little buttons.

A notebook which I also embellished with some buttons and added a ribbon place-marker complete with little heart shaped button on the end.

A lavender scented pincushion.

A vintage tin with the Queen and Prince Phillip on into which I put chocolate buttons, some real buttons and a piece of lace.

I just couldn't resist embellishing the wrapped parcels and enclosed card with buttons too!

I really love swaps, thanks to Lemonade Kitty for organising this one.

xxx


10 comments:

  1. What fab things! I absolutely love the Royal tin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty - bet she loved her goodies. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely swap gifts, bet Pamona was delighted. I might have to steal the bag idea.... :)
    Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely swap gifts, you have a real talent for putting together goodies that your partner will love - as I did when you were my heart swap partner!

    Hope all is going well with your new job, it is a manic time of year where I am, so much course work to moderate!!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the Royal Tin, I have a thing for them! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a lovely parcel to receive - I have only just got my broadband back, so haven't been able to post a thank you, but will do right away. The bag must have taken you hours to do - I really appreciate all the work you put into it.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scrummy things - clearly Pomona enjoyed her gift. I've never been on a swap, not sure how you go about these things .. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous swap parcel! So many beautiful button'y' things! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, it all looks so pretty :o)
    I so love that lavender pincushion fabric -it looks so pretty:o)

    And all wrapped beautifully too.

    I hope works going well for you at the moment?
    Have a great week Linda, and thankyou kindly for your well wishes on my blog :o)

    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you have some gorgeous bits there! :o)

    C x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...