Saturday 27 November 2010

A Walk in the Snow

We have snow.

Lots of snow.

Come with me on a walk through my village, we'll go out by the back door, shall we?


You can just see my next door neighbour's donkey and horse by the far wall, hoping for an apple from the folk in the house beyond no doubt.

We'll walk down past the railway station...



...to the bridge over the river...



...and look over to the left,



then over to the right ...



...before turning to retrace our steps.

We go past the field to our left...




...and past rose hips so red against the snow.




Past the Black Bull our local hostelry...


...sorry no time to stop and linger with real ale by their fire.


On up the hill to the path above the railway line,



and let's stop here a moment to look at the breathtaking view of the winter coated fells beyond.



At the end of the path we enter the churchyard ...



and in the soft silence we marvel at the holly with berries of such glowing red.



Then homeward we head to warm by the fire.


xxx

10 comments:

  1. we don't really get real snow in cornwall, so i love it when we get it. last year, was the first year since my childhood that the snow fell and stayed for days, it was magical - so i have snow envy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. Mind you, I'm not a fan of snow and am pretty glad there is no snow in London - as yet.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohhh lovely, you do live in a beautiful part of the world.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what lovley place you live in, wish my hubby would have let me buy that house i fell in love with, my dogs would love to roam along the river, a nice pint of cider then home to a real fire, my sort of heven.your photos are great,i have trouble taking good photos due to medication i take. take care angie.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place you live in! That fire looks really inviting, too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos! We have snow too, more than we were expecting, I shall go out and take some photos tommorrow! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link to The Black Bull...looks a lovely,cosy place.
    I remember Duncan and Diane from their coffee shop days in Northumberland.... now I know where they are must pay them a visit.....snow permitting of course!
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some lovely photos there - really did feel like I was walking with you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh how beautiful! A smattering of snow makes everything look so pretty.

    Give the horse and donkey a carrot from me at some point :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...