Sunday 24 October 2010

Bouncing My Way To 53

Tomorrow I shall be 53 and yesterday I had my first experience on a "bouncy castle" type inflatable!

These things were just not around when I was a child, and of once they began to put in an appearance when my son was young, we adults never seemed to be allowed on them.

I have always stood wistfully by as first my son followed by my three daughters gleefully bounced around on various inflatables and wondered if it was as much fun as it looked.

Then yesterday...

we took my dear granddaughter to an activity farm,
and there were two inflatables which adults could accompany their children on.

At last...
I am no longer deprived I have "bounced"  


and"slid" 
with lots of mirth and giggles together with my favourite little person.
 
Then today we took the family out to our local for Sunday lunch.
 
We are so lucky to have The Black Bull Inn in Frosterley.
 
 
 
This pub is the perfect autumn retreat with roaring open fires and wonderful and hearty traditional food, prepared from good quality local ingredients. The beer served at the bar is real ale from local small breweries. The decor is an eclectic mix of old and vintage furniture with a generous scattering of vintage cushions. 
The owner is a photographer and as well as a selection of his own contemporary work there are also photographs of his families ancestors.

A shot of the interior from the pub's website.
 
Everyone had a wonderful meal, it was so nice to be able to celebrate this way with the people close to me.

Then...

off home for a snooze by the fire...

This is our male cat Mortimer - never far from the fireside!!

What a lovely weekend. xxx
 











5 comments:

  1. Yes! It's so unfair that only kids are allowed on bouncy castles - I haven't been on one for years and I absolutely love them! V. envious of your day out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday for tomorrow! What a great way to celebrate with a bouncy castle and a pub lunch.
    I love Mortimer, he looks so cute camped out by the fire. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday for tomorrow! I am sure I have been to that pub in he dim and distant past, beautiful part of the world.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Thank you for entering my giveaway and grabbing the button. Happy Birthday for tomorrow.... it looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday for tommorrow! Hope you have a great day! I love bouncy castles too, but have not been on one in years, it does seem unfair that kids get to have all the fun! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...