Thursday 2 September 2010

Finding out about each other.

The fab Vintage Vixen has tagged all the blogs that she reads with 10 questions to get to know the writers better. Like her I too am a nosey curious person and would love to find out more about all you wonderful bloggers, so in turn I am tagging all of the blogs that I read. Do join in - it'll be fun!

1) What is your favourite time of day?

Although I don't like getting up too early I do like mornings. Especially those mornings when you aren't rushing about to get anywhere and can take time to wake up naturally and get ready for the day ahead at a leisurely pace. Although I can't do this on workdays, I have a 25 mile drive to work and at certain times of the year the scenery as I drive through the countryside can be stunning with soft misty sunrise.


2) Where did you meet the love of your life?

Dave is my third husband. Following my divorce, my brother took me for a night out. Dave had been my brother's friend for a long time and I had known him for ages but to be honest had never really thought of him in a romantic way. Anyway - at the end of the night my brother asked how I was getting home and I said I intended to walk home, he wasn't too happy about the idea of me walking home alone and as Dave lived in the same direction as me he asked him to walk home with me. at some point along the way our eyes met and I noticed how lovely his eyes were and had a sudden drunken urge to kiss him - so I did. The rest as they say is history, we have now been together 18 years and married for 12 of them.


3) What three words would your friends outside the blogging world use to describe you?

I wasn't too sure about this one so asked the advice of one of my daughters who said "pain in the a*se". but she can't count and that's four words. We settled on bubbly, loyal and eccentric.


4) What country would you like to visit and why?

I never tire of visiting Scotland and it's many isles. I think my favourite is the Isle of Mull. I love the wild and rugged scenery and how much of Scotland is still unspoiled and untouched by the hand of man.


5) What is your favourite dish to cook?

I love cooking but I think my favourite things to cook are Chinese dishes - I get lots of compliments whenever I cook Chinese, in fact my eldest daughter's boyfriend thinks my Chinese is better than that from the takeaway or restaurant!


6) Salt or Sugar

Salt - I definitely prefer savoury to sweet.


7) What are your must have make up or beauty items?

I won't go out without wearing foundation - I don't have a favourite but it has to give good coverage and be long lasting. My must have beauty product is Organic Rosehip Oil - I swear by this and use it both as a make up remover and a night treatment. A little goes a long way and it lasts for ages.


8) What are your favourite flower?

I love all flowers, but especially brightly coloured flowers and all the better if they are scented, so things like sweet peas or freesias.



9) What do you think are your worst vices?

Buying books is definitely got to be the worst, not only do I buy far too many books I also find it hard to get rid of books once I have them. The result is that there are books in every nook and cranny all over the house, if I don't do something about it soon I think we are in danger of drowning in books!


10) When were you happiest and why?

I have never been happier than I am now. As I have got older I have gradually become more comfortable with myself, I feel I know myself now and am happy with who I am. I have reached my 50's and learned from my mistakes, but along the way I have also learned to accept and celebrate my achievements.When I was younger I would always aspire to be like someone else, I always thought if only I were prettier/thinner/wittier/less shy but now I am happy to be just me.

I'd love to find out more about my fellow bloggers, so please join in. xxx

3 comments:

  1. Lovely answers! Thanks for joining in. It's wonderful that Dave was your brother's mate, you look so happy together. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely, I love to learn more about my fellow bloggers. Thanks for sharing.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Book buying surely can't be counted as a vice! If so, I'm in serious trouble. You have lovely taste in flowers by the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...