Monday 16 August 2010

A Vintage Start to the Day

I am still on holiday from work until September, but Dave has returned to work and the only daughter still living at home is working, so when I get up in the morning I have the luxury of having the house to myself. Now as you might have guessed I just love collecting bits and pieces of pretty vintage china and housewares, but for me these aren't items to be simply stored away or set out on display to catch the dust, but things I like to use and treasure. This morning I decided to treat myself to a leisurely breakfast - nothing fancy just some wholemeal toast spread with butter and heather honey, but with a nice big cafetiere of real coffee to wash it down with. What better way to make an occasion of breakfast than by setting my vintage tea tray that I bought yesterday with pretty china and a flower from the garden.


This is my idea of luxury - simple I know, but using pretty things from the past that I continue to love and treasure.

3 comments:

  1. Oh that looks like heaven to me (but replace coffee with Tea). It's the simple things that give loads of pleasure.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it lovely to make an effort and use the beautiful things we love? Toast with honey is one of my favourites.
    Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, it made my day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo that lucks like a lovely me time way to start the day. I love a great cafetiere of coffee in th emornings too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...