Monday 21 June 2010

About Me

Hi
Welcome to my blog. I am a mother of four now grown up (allegedly ; )) children. One boy, Jason, and three girls, Ellie (Eleanore), Rae (Rachael) and Tasha (Natasha). I am also nana to my wonderful granddaughter Flic (Felicity) aged 3. I am happily married to Dave and live in a village in Weardale, County Durham.

I have always liked vintage things and would rather hunt down an old preloved vintage piece of furniture or item for my home than buy new. My tastes are pretty eclectic, and I think my home tends to reflect this. Although I love the shabby chic look and style, I would describe my home as more boho chic (well in my dreams I would lol). I am careful here to say in my dreams as I think some of my efforts just turn out shabby rather than chic – but what the heck, this is me warts and all.

I always have so much I want to do, but find so little time to do it in. I think I spend too long gathering inspiration and leave no time to follow it through. I do work full time though so that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!

I also love the idea of leading a simpler life, an old style life, more in tune with the seasons and connecting with nature. Once again I’m careful to say I love the idea, I try hard but don’t always manage it. I’m not too hard on myself though, after all this is about improving my lifestyle not about making myself miserable about the things I don’t manage – I’m only human after all. I do manage to live an “old style” life the majority of the time. I eat organically wherever possible and prefer to cook from scratch, not only do I know what I’m eating then but it tastes better. I bake my own bread (most of the time), and my family and friends tend to praise my cooking. I try to be as frugal as possible, because it’s only by being frugal that we can afford to buy the much higher priced organic ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...